It's Time to Collaborate!

We are just about two weeks from Collaborate 2009, the user group event for Oracle Technology and Applications.

My first event on this lines was IOUG Live in 2003 at Orlando. Year 2005 it was back to Orlando, while 2004 was in Toronto. The major change took place in 2006 where Collborate was born when IOUG, OAUG and Quest shook hands together, the event grew many fold in size. Now I am told its over 5000 attendees. 2007 the Collaborate went to the Sin City and from there to the Mile High City in 2008. 2008 was my first time being in the IOUG Conference committee and get a behind the scenes feel.

Being a Floridian for a long time, I am happy to see Collaborate being held 2 1/2 hrs of drive away! And I am a big fan of Universal Studios and Disney. The Wed night event will be at City Walk.

So what I am looking forward to this time... Apart from the 50+ sessions related to BIWA Track, I am also looking forward to the launch of the Exadata SIG. I thing the release of 1/2 the Exadata rack this Spring was quite timely...and as Kevin explained it today in his webcast that the Optimised Warehouse Initiative can only at best provide 2GB/sec bandwidth for "Extreme Data Warehousing." So while the full Exadata rack can provide 14GB/sec bandwith which may be an overkill both in price and performance, the half X Database Machine is a good compromise... to fill the void in the times of economic downturn.

I wll post most on the sessions and events that I look forward to Collaborate '09

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms - Feb 2012

BIWA SIG Techcast : Oracle Enterprise "R" Nov 30, noon EST

Down the Memory Lane - BIWA SIG to BIWA Users Community to Analytics & Data Summit 2018